Skip to content ↓

Reporting a Concern of Abuse or Neglect

Everyone has a duty to keep children safe from abuse and neglect

If you are concerned about a child’s welfare whilst you are in school, please record your concern, and any observations or conversation heard, and report to one of the DSLs as soon as possible the same day. Do NOT conduct your own investigation.

If your concerns relate to the actions or behaviour of a member of staff (which could suggest that s/he is unsuitable to work with children) then you should report this to the Headteacher (or the Chair of Governors if the concern relates to the Headteacher) – who will consider what action to take.

If you are concerned about a child and it is outside of the school, it is important that you report your worries to the correct agency.

The following link will direct you to Surrey C-SPA (Single Point of Access)

Children's Services Contact Information  where you will find key contact information and a secure email address to use.

To phone the Surrey C-SPA, please call:

0300 470 9100 (Mon to Fri 8:00 - 18:00)

01483 517898 (Out of hours)

You can also report you concerns to the NSPCC who will offer you support and advice if you are feeling worried about a child’s safety:

NSPCC - How to report abuse