Welcome to the Governors' area of the Website
Our role is to improve the standards of education within the school for the benefit of its pupils which is achieved through:-
- The implementation of improvement plans based on self-evaluation
- Ensuring there is consistent application of policies and procedures
- Ensuring that parents and staff are committed to the vision and ambition of the leaders and governors
- Engendering an environment of self-respect and mutual respect for everyone throughout the school
The Full Governing Body meets twice a term to
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Contribute to the schools self-evaluation and understand its strengths and weaknesses
- Support and strengthen school leadership
- Provide challenge and hold the Headteacher and other senior leaders to account for improving the quality of teaching, pupils’ achievement and pupils ‘behaviour
- Use performance management systems including the performance of the head teacher to improve teaching, leadership and management.
- Ensure solvency and probity and that financial resources made available to the school are managed effectively
- Operate in such a way that statutory duties are met and priorities are approved
- Engage with key stakeholders
- Use the Pupil Premium and other resources t to overcome barriers to learning including reading, writing and mathematics.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of ALL safeguarding arrangements to ensure that pupils are safe.
Please note Governors are responsible for standards across the school and as such do not discuss individual cases which are handled by the School leadership team.
The governors comprise:
3 x Parent Governors elected by the parents
2 x Staff Governor elected by the staff which must include the head teacher
1 x LA Governor appointed by the local authority
7 x Co-opted Governors selected by the governors from the school and local community
This makes a total of 13 Governors.
We are very proud of our school. We have a special relationship with the local community and believe we provide a first class experience for all our children. The COIN centre we have at Stepgates is one which gives children with additional needs a real opportunity to be part of a mainstream school, and benefits not just the children in the mainstream setting but staff and the whole school community.